Afternoon Tea in Wells...at The White Hart Hotel
Afternoon Tea IN WELLS at The White Hart Hotel
The ritual of afternoon tea owes its origins to Anna, the 7th Duchess of Bedford.
As a young woman in the early 1800s she lived during a time when it was common to eat only two main meals a day, with breakfast scheduled early in the morning and dinner occurring late in the evening.
Routinely weakened and irritated by hunger pangs, she decided to schedule time to take tea and a snack each afternoon. This private ceremony was firstly done furtively in her bedroom, but over time well-heeled acquaintances joined her and the practice quickly became fashionable among the .
Head Chef Jason Porter spent 2 years working in the pastry section of The Connaught Hotel in London so expect some rather delicious treats.
Afternoon tea in Wells at The White Hart takes place in the cosy atmosphere of our Brasserie from 2:30pm-4:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
We offer two afternoon team options:
- Traditional Afternoon Tea- £19.50 per person
- A selection of teas to choose from
- Homemade scones, clotted cream and jams
- A selection of cakes make by our Head Chef Jason Porter
- A selection of finger sandwiches
- Sparkling Afternoon Tea- £22.50
- Includes everything from our traditional afternoon tea with a glass for Prosecco each
As we make everything from fresh at The White Hart we require a minimum of 48hrs notice when making a booking, but don’t worry, it’s worth the wait!
To make a booking please contact reservations: